Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Perfect Storm


The Marina that we are staying in is also a full functioning boat yard. It has all sorts of boats in the yard that are being worked on. There is also a full crew of workers that are interesting individuals themselves. The boats range from small power boats, large yachts, sailboats like ours, trawlers, tug boats, small fishing boats, large fishing boats, tug boats, and dolphin cruise boats. As I was walking through the yard today I noticed that they had brought in a commercial fishing boat and it reminded me of the boat that Captain Billy (George Cloony) owned and took his crew out to make a large catch and answer their financial needs. I could see Bobby, Murph, Sully, etc. Well maybe I was really seeing George Cloony and Mark Wahlberg (hehe). I've included a picture of this boat for your viewing pleasure.

This brought a new reality to me and that is I am getting a whole new level of education and culture than I've ever had. I am very grateful that I grew up an Army Brat because I had an enormous life education; and I now believe this is another chapter in my life education.

No comments:

Post a Comment